Organization and Management Theory
Division of the Academy of Management
OMT Academic Journals
Academy of Management Annals
– Publishes critical and potentially provocative research reviews written by leading scholars exploring an assortment of research topics.
Academy of Management Discoveries
- Publishes interesting and important empirical research about poorly-understood phenomena that advances our understanding of management and organizations.
Academy of Management Journal
– Publishes empirical research that test, extend, or build management theory and contributes to management practice.
Academy of Management Learning & Education
- Publishes theory, models, research, critiques, dialogues and retrospectives that address the learning process and the practice of management education.
Academy of Management Perspectives
- Publishes articles and symposia that address important issues concerning management and business.
Academy of Management Review
– Publishes new theoretical insights that advance our understanding of management and organizations.
Administrative Sciences Quarterly
– Publishes theoretical and empirical papers, interdisciplinary work in organizational theory, and informative book reviews.
American Journal of Sociology
- Publishes pathbreaking work from all areas of sociology, with an emphasis on theory building and innovative methods.
American Sociological Review
- Publishes original works of interest to the discipline of sociology in general, new theoretical developments, results of research that advance understanding of fundamental social processes, and important methodological innovations.
Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
- Publishes original conceptual and empirical papers which contribute to the advancement of the field of entrepreneurship.
Journal of Business Venturing. A Journal dedicated to Entrepreneurship
– Publishes useful and interesting theories, narratives and interpretations of the antecedents, mechanisms and/or consequences of Entrepreneurship.
Journal of International Business Studies
- Publishes papers of significant interest that contribute to the theoretical basis of business and management studies.
Journal of Management
– Publishes empirical and theoretical research articles. Encourages new ideas or new perspectives on existing research. Review Issues are published biannually in January and July.
Journal of Management Inquiry
– Publishes research and practice by today's top management scholars and professionals from a wide variety of areas within the management and organization field.
Journal of Management Studies
– Publishes multidisciplinary articles on organization theory and behavior, strategic and human resource management.
– Publishes research in fields such as organization theory, strategic management, sociology, economics, and others.
– Publishes theoretical and empirical research which aims to promote the understanding of organizations, organizing, and the organized in and between societies.
Research in the Sociology of Organizations
– Publishes international, peer-reviewed articles that examine cutting edge theoretical, methodological and research issues in organizational studies.
– Publishes interdisciplinary research on the interrelated dynamics of strategic and organizational processes and outcomes.
Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
- Publishes theory- and evidence-based research conducted and/or applied in all regions of the world. It values contributions which lead to improved practice of managing organizations.
Strategic Management Journal
- Publishes original material concerned with all aspects of strategic management. It is devoted to developing the core understanding of strategic management.
AOM Annual Meeting
call for applications
call for papers
dissertation proposal workshop
Distinguished Scholar Award
junior faculty consortium
+ All tags
Copyright 2010 OMT Division. All Rights Reserved.