Call for Applications:2019 OMT Junior Faculty Consortium
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
The OMT Division is pleased to announce the 2019 OMT Junior Faculty Consortium. If you have started a faculty position in the last few years, this workshop is for you!
The workshop provides an intimate forum for interacting with senior colleagues and peers to enable you to prosper in your academic career. The workshop focuses on:
1) developing your research for publication with the help of seasoned scholars in your area
2) exploring strategies for impact and growth as a scholar and teacher
3) navigating the early years for a successful faculty career in diverse institutional settings
You will have the opportunity to interact with an exciting team of faculty mentors and peers, gain developmental feedback on your research, hear advice from relevant panels, participate in roundtable discussions and informal conversations, and build potentially lifelong networks.
This year’s faculty mentors offer diverse scholarly and geographic perspectives. Among them they have editorial boards/editors experience at leading journals, and won research and teaching awards.
- Costas Andriopoulos, City University of London
- Christine Beckman, University of Southern California
- Sekou Bermiss, University of exas - Austin
- Daniel Beunza, City University of London
- Emily Cox-Pahnke, University of Washington
- Henrich Greve, INSEAD
- Matthew Grimes, University of Cambridge
- Martine Haas, University of Pennsylvania - Wharton
- Heather Haveman, University of California - Berkeley
- Pursey Heugens, Erasmus University
- Markus Hoellerer, WU Vienna and UNSW Sydney
- Jennifer Howard-Grenville, University of Cambridge
- Brayden King, Northwestern University - Kellogg
- Brandon Lee, University of Melbourne
- Danielle Logue, University of Technology Sydney
- Xiaowei (Rose) Luo, INSEAD
- Johanna Mair, Hertie School of Governance
- Chris Marquis, Cornell University - Johnson
- Tim Pollock, University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- Silviya Svejenova, Copenhagen Business School
- Anne Tsui, University of Notre Dame
- Marc Ventresca, University of Oxford
- Bala Vissa, INSEAD
- April Wright, University of Queensland
- Tammar Zilber, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The workshop will be held on the Friday prior to the Academy of Management Annual Meeting in Boston. On Thursday, August 8, we start with an informal dinner and reception at 6:00 pm. On Friday, August 9, the program runs from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. To insure an integrative experience for everyone, attendance throughout the entire event is required. Highlights of the program include: research and professional development roundtables, interactive panels, and teaching roundtables. Throughout the program you will have the opportunity to talk with exemplary scholars in small groups about techniques for high impact research and teaching as well as ethical considerations.
To facilitate close personal engagement, space for this workshop is limited and participation is by application only. We expect about 40 participants. If you hold a faculty position as an Assistant Professor or a comparable rank and your research focuses on OMT related topics, we encourage you to apply. We also invite deans, department chairs, former workshop alumni, and other faculty to encourage their junior colleagues to apply.
When you apply online
please have the following details ready:
1) Your name, email address, title, institutional affiliation and other details
2) Your curriculum vitae
3) An extended abstract of a working paper you wish to receive feedback on (5 pages maximum)
4) An indication of three faculty mentors who are of most interest to youOnline Application
We encourage you to apply early to guarantee consideration. The deadline for applying is April 30, 2019. ÂÂÂ Please note, if accepted, there is a $150 registration fee for the workshop. We have some (limited) funds to provide assistance to participants for whom the fees constitute an obstacle to attending. If you believe this applies to you, or if you have any other questions, please contact the organizers as soon as possible.
We look forward to meeting you in August!
Joel Gehman ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and Olenka Kacperczyk ( email@example.com)
The OMT Junior Faculty Consortium is sponsored by: